Ultramarathon

An ultramarathon (also called ultra distance) is any sporting event involving running longer than

the traditional marathon length of 42.195 kilometres (26.2188 mi).


Saturday, July 11, 2009

9 miles down, 17 more to go!


July 11- Today was my longest run with Team in Training (But not my longest ever). Go Team Fierce! We are awesome. It wasn't too bad considering I had not been running really during my vacation and went to bed super late the night before. My feet however could tell you a different story! After getting up to the 9 mile marker, I currently have 3 blisters on my right foot and one on the other....not to mention I still have a nasty black/grey toe nail on my right foot. These are my battle wounds and I am proud of them even if I complain about them and say how much I hate them! Now that I am back in town, I really need to start working on my fundraising <---- I hate this part! If any of you can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. I will bake you any kind of cookies if you donate $25 or more! Think of the lives you will help with your contributions.

July 8- About a week with no running....Ah my body is craving it! So I made my friend Shannon take me to a park to run. She met me in Portland after my family reunion to head up to Seattle to finish up my vacation. Needless to say, I didn't do much running....just eating, a few drinks here and there, and lots of walking (that counts for something right?). Ah finally, a beautiful coarse around Green lake, Seattle. It was about 3 miles around, so I went around it twice and then some totaling about 6.5 miles. I managed to run 6 miles under an hour which is quite an accomplishment for me. Yes, if you do the math, my pace is a 10 minute mile but hey, I am an endurance runner, not a speed demon. I have shaved quite a bit of time from my early running days.

July 2- Vacation! Well for me at least. After a 10 hour drive up to Oregon for our family reunion, I made my sister run with me (my interpretation of a buddy run). Just a 5k! She said I have gotten a lot faster...or maybe she has gotten a lot slower. Bahaha.

June 30- Instead of doing our regular circuit training, we did hill sprints. My two favorite things combined...yesss! It actually wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be but maybe I should bite my tongue for when the real hills come up. Practice only last 30...maybe 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment