Ultramarathon

An ultramarathon (also called ultra distance) is any sporting event involving running longer than

the traditional marathon length of 42.195 kilometres (26.2188 mi).


Sunday, July 19, 2009

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!


July 18- Yesterday we ran at Lake Chabot. It was so beautiful and even though the coarse was much more challenging, I thoroughly enjoyed my run. The mileage was bumped up to 10... YES I ran 10 miles straight! I didn't run my fastest only because I had to work later in the day and was tired from the first day of the Anniversary sale at Nordy's (12 hrs. with only a 1/2 hour break will get you!). Needless to say, I was a tad tired when I got to work, but the workout surprisingly gave me energy.

July 14- Our coached practice was cancelled... wow that's a first! It was way to hot to train outside so Coach Tim gave us a helpful workout for indoors or our local gym. I surprisingly extremely sore after this workout... way more than most Tuesday work outs (probably cause I lifted and haven't in awhile. Shame on me!).


Warm Up
10 to 15 min easy run on the treadmill (keep grade on treadmill between 2%-3%)
Workout
Complete steps 1 thru 7 below two times
1) 20-30 walking lunges (hold small weights in your hand to add some difficulty)
2) Bosu Ball Push Ups - 3 push ups on the bosu ball + 3 push ups to the right (left hand on Bosu ball, right hand on ground) + 3 pushups both hands on ground + 3 push ups with left hand on Bosu ball, right hand on ground + 3 push ups on the bosu ball + 3 push ups to the left (right hand on Bosu ball, left hand on ground) + 3 pushups both hands on ground + 3 push ups right hand on Bosu ball, left hand on ground + 3 push ups on the bosu ball

3) 10 split squats + hold for 15sec (right leg) + 10 split squats + hold for 15 sec (left leg)

4) Plank Series - Hold Plank for 15sec + 5 shoulder touches + 5 up/downs to forearms + 5 walks to right + 5 walks to center + 5 walks to left + 5 walks to center + hold plank for 15-30sec
5) Isometric Squats - Put your back against the wall and lower yourself into squat postion, try to get your thighs parallel to the ground. Hold this for 1-2+ minutes
6) 10 - 20 V Ups or Snow Angels (your choice)
7) Run on treadmill at 2% to 3% grade
Yellow/Half - 5 minutes at Tempo Pace
Green - 6min at Tempo Pace
Red - 7min at Tempo Pace
Cool Down
10 to 15 min easy run on the treadmill (keep grade on treadmill between 2%-3%) or the equivalent time on a stationary bike


July 13- Went for an 8 mile run with my running buddy through the vineyards. This has become one of my favorite places to meditate... which I think is totally necessary and everyone should take the time out of their hectic lives and do!

No comments:

Post a Comment