Ultramarathon

An ultramarathon (also called ultra distance) is any sporting event involving running longer than

the traditional marathon length of 42.195 kilometres (26.2188 mi).


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Benchmark!

July 25- Today I hit a benchmark in running. 11 miles . . . The longest distance ever! . . . well for me that is. My last longest run was several months ago and I ran/walked 10.8 miles. This time around, my endurance has improved drastically. I was able to run (not fast) basically the whole distance minus a stretch and bathroom stop. My long runs are however starting to catch up with me. By the time I am done, I have like an hour to rest before I have to get ready for work. I do feel refreshed and empowered after the run so it's all worth it! I need to start trying the famous ice baths soon.

July 23- I committed to be a donor for a bone marrow transplant if ever I am a match for someone through 'Be the Match'. It sounds like a scary commitment but it is actually a fairly easy procedure where the donor immediately recovers. It would be an incredible experience if ever I have the opportunity.

July 22- Tried the whole increased incline on the treadmill. It wasn't as hard as I thought however, I didn't run very long. I can't stand treadmills now that I run outside so often.


No comments:

Post a Comment