Ultramarathon

An ultramarathon (also called ultra distance) is any sporting event involving running longer than

the traditional marathon length of 42.195 kilometres (26.2188 mi).


Friday, March 26, 2010

Life is short... running makes it seem longer. Baron Hansen


Last week, I accomplished my first trail race in Sausalito, Ca. - 20k Pirates Cove Trail Run. Every week, the challenge continues and even though its tough, I have learned to enjoy it even more.





Our race started out on a steep hill. I don't think many of us thought it was going to end. It seemed as though we were just walking/hiking for the first 2 miles.

But once we got to the top, we had an amazing view.

even seeing the Golden Gate Bridge to the side of us. :)



The course had just the right amount of difficulty. I think I completed the course in just under 2:39 minutes. Considering we were walking/hiking up for the first couple of miles, I think I did pretty good. My pace in the beginning was probably around 15m./mile, and once we climbed and running rolling hills, it was more like 10-11m./mile.


Still Running,


Bethany Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment